- Manufacturer Part Number: ESC8000 G4
- Number of Processors Supported: 2
- Processor Socket: Socket P LGA-3647
- Processor Supported:
- Xeon Platinum
- Xeon Gold
- Xeon Silver
- Xeon Bronze
- 64-bit Processing: Yes
- Chipset Manufacturer: Intel
- Chipset Model: C621
- Maximum Memory: 3 TB
- Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Memory Standard: DDR4-2666/PC4-21300
- Number of Total Memory Slots: 24
- Controller Type: Serial ATA/600
- RAID Supported: Yes
- Graphics Controller Manufacturer: ASPEED
- Graphics Controller Model: AST2500
- Graphics Memory Capacity: 64 MB
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Bays: 8
- Number of Internal 2.5″ Bays: 8
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 10
- Total Number of USB Ports: 4
- Number of USB 3.0 Ports: 2
- Operating System Supported:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Ubuntu Linux
- Red Hat Fedora Core
- Input Voltage:
- 120 V AC
- 230 V AC
- Number of Power Supplies Installed: 3
- Maximum Power Supply Wattage: 1600 W
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Rack Height: 4U
- Height: 6.9″
- Width: 17.3″
- Depth: 31.4″
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
- Environmental Certification: RoHS
High-density GPU server with hybrid computing power
ESC8000 G4 features a powerful GPU architecture that supports up to eight high-performance NVIDIA® Quadro® or Tesla® GPU cards in a 4U chassis. With so much graphics power, ESC8000 G4 lets you accomplish demanding computing tasks more quickly and with greater efficiency. An optimized internal layout enables ESC8000 G4 to fit a wide variety of graphics cards – including dual-slot GPUs – with active or passive thermal modules.
Patented Adaptable Topology design
ESC8000 G4 provides flexible system topology configuration options, including the ability to choose a single or dual root complex, making it ideal for deep learning requirements. The patented Adaptive Topology design enables users to switch the system topology easily via the intuitive web-based GUI of the ASUS ASMB9-iKVM server management solution, without changing any hardware configurations or cable routing.
Scalable design for growing workloads
ESC8000 G4 is designed for easy scalability to fit growing businesses and workloads. With eight PCIe Gen3 x16 slots that fit full-height, full-length GPU cards, two PCIe Gen3 x16 slots for high-speed networking cards, and one internal PCIe Gen3 x8 slot for an HBA/RAID card, ESC8000 G4 is ready to deliver high-density, parallel computing power.
It also features multiple interface types for flexible storage configurations, including dual PCIe or SATA M.2, and port-to-port dual OCuLink with Intel VROC technology for two hot-swappable 2.5″ NVMe SSDs. ESC8000 G4 also fits up to eight 2.5″ SATA 6Gbp/s HDDs or eight 2.5″ SAS 12Gbp/s HDDs with an optional HBA card.
Comprehensive IT Infrastructure Management Solution
ESC8000 G4 features an embedded ASMB9-iKVM module and is bundled with ASUS Control Center software to provide comprehensive in-band and out-of-band management. For more information, see the ASUS Control Center microsite.
Efficient cooling with hot-swappable redundant fans and dedicated air tunnels
Cooling an accelerator server handling extreme workloads at up to 3200 Watts of power consumption is a demanding task, so ESC8000 G4 is equipped with hot-swappable, redundant fans and dedicated air tunnels for the CPU, GPUs and DIMMs. Ten fans for the GPUs – five primary and five back-up fans – plus two coolers for the CPU ensure nonstop cooling performance for nonstop server operation.
Exclusive thermal radar technology for energy efficiency
ESC8000 G4 features ASUS-exclusive thermal radar technology with ambient sensors placed on the CPUs, GPUs and DIMMs. This design provides internal and external temperature monitoring and enables dynamic fan curve adjustment, lowering fan power consumption up to 20% and reducing TCO which is ideal for extreme workload data center.
Simplified maintenance and management
Easily Swappable Components
With the ingenious placement design, IT staff can swap key components with ease.
- ESC8000 G4 has three easy-access covers that can be opened without tools, enabling IT staff to perform maintenance on specific components without removing the server fully from the rack.