- Manufacturer Part Number: ACU5114A
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Number of Local Users Supported: 2
- Number of Remote Users Supported: 2
- Maximum Operating Distance: 984.20 ft
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1280 x 1024
- Network (RJ-45): Yes
- PS/2 Port: Yes
- VGA: Yes
- Number of VGA Ports: 2
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 2
- Number of PS/2 Ports: 4
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Package Contents:
- Local Unit
- Remote Unit
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
- Environmental Certification:
- Country of Origin: United Kingdom
- TAA Compliant: Yes
- Limited Warranty: 3 Year
- Local Unit
- Remote Unit
- Gives both local and remote users access to the CPU and provides reliable KVM and serial transmission at up to 982.4 feet (300 m).
- Rackmount local (transmitter) and remote (receiver) modules in our ACU5000A chassis for Wizard Extenders.
- Compatible with PS/2 keyboards and mice.
- Offers transparent 56-kbps RS232 serial transmission.
- Serial functionality is great for connecting to graphic tablets, touch screens, or PDA cradles.
- True DDC support for optimal operation with modern graphic adapter cards.
- Built-in skew compensation (adjustable up to 62 ns) reduces color drift and keeps images sharp.
- Provides additional brightness and sharpness control options.
KVM and serial extension with dual access.
The ServSwitch Wizard™ Extender Dual-Access Serial Kit with Skew Compensation comes with a transmitter module for local CPU connections and a receiver module for remote workstation (KVM) connections, as well as an adapter cable to connect the local module to the keyboard, video, and mouse connectors on your CPU.
The kit extends PS/2® keyboard and mouse signals-along with transparent serial signals and the analog VGA signal-over a single CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cable up to 984.2 feet (300 m). Use the serial link to connect to graphic tablets, touch screens, or PDA cradles. For applications that require a serial mouse attached to a CPU, simply add a passive adapter (contact our FREE Tech Support).
The benefits of skew compensation.
Skew compensation fixes color drift by making up for the differences in length between wire pairs in CAT5e or CAT6 cable, and compensation is provided by a 62-ns color delay that can be adjusted in 2-ns calibrations to correct delay skew problems. What’s more, this extender also comes with the latest video components and circuitry to enable higher bandwidth and ensure even clearer images. In fact, it’s now possible to get maximum resolutions of 1600 x 1200 at 60 Hz at distances of 656.1 feet (200 m) or 1280 x 1024 at 60 Hz at the full distance of 984.2 feet (300 m)! This extender also provides additional brightness and sharpness control options for ultra-clear images.
Today’s graphic adapter cards often require Display Data Channel (DDC) information for them to work correctly-or, in some cases, to work at all. This kit transmits an attached monitor’s DDC information to its remote module. Plus this information is stored in the local module in the event of a link loss.
This extender also features password protection to prevent unauthorized access to a connected CPU or your switching system.
There are no reviews yet.