- Manufacturer Part Number: DS-C9124V-24PETK9
- Total Number of Ports: 24
- Number of Active Ports: 24
- Number of Fibre Channel Ports: 24
- Data Transfer Rate: 64 Gbit/s
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 24
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP+
- Number of SFP+ Slots: 24
- Compatible Rack Unit: 1U
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Height: 1.7″
- Width: 17.3″
- Depth: 18″
- Weight (Approximate): 18.74 lb
The next-generation Cisco MDS 9124V 64-Gbps 24-Port Fibre Channel Switch (Figure 1) provides high-speed Fibre Channel connectivity for all-flash arrays and high-performance hosts. This switch offers state-of-the-art analytics and telemetry capabilities built into its next-generation Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) chipset. This switch allows seamless transition to Fibre Channel Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe/FC) workloads whenever available without any hardware upgrade in the SAN. It empowers small, midsize, and large enterprises that are rapidly deploying cloud-scale applications using extremely dense virtualized servers, providing the benefits of greater bandwidth, scale, and consolidation. Some of the main benefits for a small-scale Storage Area Network (SAN) are automatic zoning, nonblocking forwarding and a single port group of 24 ports. Benefits for a mid- to large-size SAN include higher scale for Fibre Channel control-plane functions, Virtual SANs, fabric login (FLOGI), device alias and name server scale, 24 ports of 64-Gbps non-oversubscribed line-rate ports, bidirectional airflow, and a fixed-form NVMe/FC-ready SAN switch with enhanced Buffer-to-Buffer (B2B) credits and capable of hardware-assisted Fibre Channel link encryption. Large-scale SAN architectures built with SAN core directors can expand 64-Gbps connectivity to the server rack using these switches configured in either switch mode or Network Port Virtualization (NPV) mode. Additionally, the switch supports enhanced diagnostic features such as Inter-Switch Link (ISL) and Host-Bus-Adapter (HBA) diagnostics, remote SFP (Read Diagnostic Parameter) diagnostics, remote port beaconing (Link Cable Beaconing) and advanced reliability features such as link level Forward Error Correction (FEC) with HBA ports.
Main features and benefits
The main features of the Cisco MDS 9124V 64-Gbps 24-Port Fibre Channel Switch include:
- High performance: MDS 9124V architecture, with nonblocking arbitration, provides consistent 64-Gbps low-latency performance across all traffic conditions for every Fibre Channel port on the switch.
- Fully integrated SAN Analytics: This feature-rich switch also offers state-of-the-art data traffic analytics and telemetry capabilities that have been built into this next-generation hardware platform. This new state-of-the-art technology couples the next-generation port ASIC with a fully dedicated Network Processing Unit (NPU). Information is extracted by the port ASIC from passing line rate traffic and used by the NPU to calculate performance data on board the switch in real time. Using an industry-leading open telemetry format, the data can be streamed to any analytics visualization platform.
There are no reviews yet.