- Mfr Part Number: CD8067303561400
- Model: Intel Xeon Silver 4110 Processor
- Core Name: Skylake
- Core Count: 8
- Thread Count: 16
- Clock Speed: 2.1 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency: 3.0 GHz
- Cache: 11MB L3
- Lithography: 14 nm
- Socket: FCLGA3647
- Thermal Design Power: 85 W
- Memory Type: DDR4-2400
- Advanced Technologies:
- Intel Speed Shift Technology
- Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
- Intel vPro Technology
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
- Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
- Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
- Intel TSX-NI
- Intel 64
- Instruction Set Extensions – Intel SSE4.2, Intel AVX, Intel AVX2, Intel AVX-512
- 1 of AVX-512 FMA Units
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
- Intel Volume Management Device (VMD)
- Intel AES New Instructions
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology
- Execute Disable Bit
- Mode-based Execute Control (MBE)
New Intel Skylake Scalable?Xeon? Processors
The Intel? Xeon? Scalable platform provides the foundation for a powerful data center platform that creates an evolutionary leap in agility and scalability. Disruptive by design, this innovative processor sets a new level of platform convergence and capabilities across compute, storage, memory, network, and security. Enterprises and cloud and communications service providers can now drive forward their most ambitious digital initiatives with a feature-rich, highly versatile platform.?
Enhancements over Previous Generation Xeon
- Higher per-core performance: Up to 28 cores, delivering high performance and scalability for compute-intensive workloads across compute, storage, and network usages.
- Greater memory bandwidth/capacity: 50 percent increased memory bandwidth and capacity. Six memory channels versus four memory channels of previous generation for memory-intensive workloads.
- Expanded I/O: 48 lanes of PCIe* 3.0 bandwidth and throughput for demanding I/O-intensive workloads.
- Intel? Ultra Path Interconnect (Intel? UPI): Up to three Intel? UPI channels increase scalability of the platform to as many as eight sockets, as well as improves inter-CPU bandwidth for I/O-intensive workloads versus previous generation13?(with Intel? QuickPath Interconnect (Intel? QPI)). Intel UPI offers the perfect balance between improved throughput and energy efficiency.
- Intel? Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel? AVX-512): With double the flops per clock cycle compared to previous generation Intel? Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel? AVX2)14, Intel? AVX-512 boosts performance, and throughput for the most demanding computational tasks in applications, such as modeling and simulation, data analytics and machine learning, data compression, visualization, and digital content creation.
- Security without compromise: Near-zero encryption overhead15?enables higher performance on all secure data transactions.