- Manufacturer Part Number: IO8PCI
- Host Interface: PCI
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 921.60 kbit/s
- Ports Expandability: 8 x RJ-12 RS-232 – Serial
- Form Factor: Plug-in Card
- Card Length: Half-length
- Limited Warranty: Lifetime
The I/O8+ is a high performance, RISC- based, intelligent, low maintenance, multi-port I/O serial card for PCI based host machines.
It is designed for integration into server-based serial communications applications, and is ideally suited to environments where the IT infrastructure requires the support of multiple operating systems, such as Unix and Windows. The I/O8+ is most frequently used in applications requiring the connection of point of sale equipment such as cash tills and barcode readers, multi-user terminal systems using “dumb” terminals or thin client architectures, and automated teller machines.