- Manufacturer Part Number: RS1221RP+
- Number of Hard Drives Supported: 8
- Number of Hard Drives Installed: 0
- Number of Solid State Drive Supported: 8
- Number of Solid State Drive Installed: 0
- Processor Manufacturer: AMD
- Processor Type: Ryzen
- Processor Model: V1500B
- Processor Core: Quad-core (4 Core)
- Processor Speed: 2.20 GHz
- Standard Memory: 4 GB
- Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Bays: 8
- Number of 2.5″/3.5″ Bays: 8
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 1
- Expansion Slot Type: PCI Express 3.0 x8
- Controller Type: Serial ATA
- RAID Supported: Yes
- RAID Levels: 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, Basic, Hybrid RAID, JBOD
- Drive Interface: Serial ATA
- Total Number of USB Ports: 2
- Number of USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports: 2
- Network (RJ-45): Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 4
- eSATA: Yes
- Operating System: DiskStation Manager
- SMB 1.0
- SMB 2.0
- SMB 3.0
- Number of Power Supplies Installed: 1
- Plug/Connector Type: C13/C14
- Maximum Power Supply Wattage: 250 W
- Height: 3.5″
- Width: 19″
- Depth: 12.1″
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Rack Height: 2U
- Weight (Approximate): 15.21 lb
A powerful storage solution for businesses and IT enthusiasts with redundancy and service continuity features.
Compact and reliable
The RS1221+/RS1221RP+, at only 30 to 38 centimeters deep, is built for space-sensitive deployments. Boasting over 100K 4K random read IOPS and 2,315 MB/s sequential read, the RS1221+/RS1221RP+ is equipped to handle heavy workloads in data-intensive environments. The RS1221RP+ additionally features an extra level of protection with redundant power supplies.
A compact design for space efficiency
The RS1221+ and its RX418 expansion units are designed to help you save space in compact deployments. At only 30 centimeters, half the length of a typical 2U unit, it fits perfectly snug onto 2-post or shallow rackmount enclosures. The RS1221RP+ with dual power supplies comes in at 38 cm, also fitting most shallow depth enclosures.
- Fits into shallow rackmount enclosures
- Easy-to-install on 2-post racks
Built for reliability
Reduce the chance that power disruptions on a single distribution channel or PDU causes data and service availability degradation.
Maximize service availability
When paired with another identical unit, Synology High Availability enables automatic minute-level failover between two clustered servers in the event of a server failure to minimize service downtime.
Data integrity and protection
ECC memory and the Btrfs file system bring higher reliability and snapshot capabilities to help prevent data corruption and simplify data protection.
High performance storage for anything
Up to 2,315/1,147 MB/s sequential read and write throughput and over 100K/54K random read/write IOPS ensures ample performance for demanding workloads.
With room to grow with you
Easily upgrade the RS1221+/RS1221RP+ to match your usage environment, whether it’s for performance, faster networking, or higher storage capacity.
- SSD cache
Boost read/write IOPS over HDD-only arrays by 16X or more with NVMe or SATA SSD Cache
- 10GbE ready
Improve I/O with faster SFP+ or RJ-45 networking
- Storage expansion
Expand to 12 drive bays with a RX418 expansion unit
Data protection solutions, built-inMaximize data availability
A comprehensive backup and recovery solution for added data protection. Create backup destinations locally, on another Synology device, rsync servers, or cloud-based destinations, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, S3-compatible destinations, and Synology C2 Storage, a dedicated backup destination for Synology devices. Deduplication, integrity checks, and incremental transfer technology reduce bandwidth and storage use.Learn more
Easily schedule flexible point-in-time backups of shared folders and LUNs with an RPO as low as 5 minutes and recovery in seconds. Set up replication and failover to other Synology storage systems for fast RTOs and minimal service disruption.
There are no reviews yet.