- Manufacturer Part Number: RS820+
- Number of Hard Drives Supported: 4
- Number of Hard Drives Installed: 0
- Total Hard Drive Capacity Supported: 64 TB
- Number of Solid State Drive Installed: 0
- Total Solid State Drive Capacity Supported: 64 TB
- Clustering Supported: Yes
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Type: Atom
- Processor Model: C3538
- Processor Core: Quad-core (4 Core)
- Processor Speed: 2.10 GHz
- Standard Memory: 2 GB
- Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Bays: 4
- Number of 2.5″/3.5″ Bays: 4
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 1
- Expansion Slot Type: PCI Express 3.0 x8
- Controller Type: Serial ATA
- RAID Supported: Yes
- RAID Levels: 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, Basic, Hybrid RAID, JBOD
- Total Number of USB Ports: 2
- Number of USB 3.0 Ports: 2
- Network (RJ-45): Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 4
- eSATA: Yes
- Operating System: DiskStation Manager
- SMB 2.0
- SMB 1.0
- SMB 3.0
- Number of Power Supplies Installed: 1
- Maximum Power Supply Wattage: 150 W
- Height: 1.7″
- Width: 18.9″
- Depth: 19.4″
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Rack Height: 1U
- Weight (Approximate): 14.11 lb
High-performance storage solution with on-demand scalability
Synology RackStation RS820+/RS820RP+ is designed for businesses pursuing an effective and centralized data management. It comes with four drive trays and 1GbE LAN ports and supports an optional 10GbE network or M.2 SSD adapter card, providing fast data transmission and reducing IO latency.
Built for service reliability
RS820+/RS820RP+ comes with four 1GbE LAN ports to support Link Aggregation and failover. Synology High Availability provides a reliable active/passive server cluster, maximizing service uptime. Furthermore, RS820RP+ is equipped with redundant power supplies to achieve service continuity.
Next-generation file system for better data protection
The Btrfs file system introduces advanced storage technologies and optimized snapshots to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead. While ensuring high-level data integrity, it also offers flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
Flexible shared folder/user quota control provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders
Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
File or folder level data restoration makes data recovery fast and flexible
Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
Ultimate Backup Solution
RS820+/RS820RP+ integrates various backup applications into an intuitive user interface, offering durable storage technologies to safeguard your valuable data on any device.
Active Backup for Business
Active Backup centralizes backup tasks for VMware, Windows, Office 365 and G Suite – so you can manage these backups to Synology NAS from one simple console.
Comprehensively back up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud to ensure data safety.
Safeguard your computer with Synology Drive Client. Effortlessly perform real-time data backups and point-in-time file recovery.
Real-time collaboration on your private cloud
Synology Office is a collaboration package combining the convenience and usability of public clouds with the data privacy and security guaranteed by private clouds. It allows you to work seamlessly together on documents and spreadsheets in a protected environment.
Engineered for reliability, backed by Synology
RS820+/RS820RP+ is designed to reliably store your data and is backed by Synology’s three-year hardware warranty. An optional two-year extended warranty is available in select regions for up to five years of coverage.
Powered by Synology DSM
Complete surveillance solution for recording, monitoring, and management.
Collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and slides in real time to boost team productivity.
Synology High Availability
Seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of a server failure to minimize the impact on applications.
Award-winning operating system with an intuitive user interface and powerful capabilities.
Comprehensive built-in security tools are constantly updated to protect your devices against evolving threats.