Tridium Niagara 4 S-N4-10 Supervisor Software License: 10 Niagara Network Connections
Many open protocol IP drivers are included with Niagara 4. Others can be purchased separately à la carte. For an up-to-date list of supported drivers, visit our resource library on tridium.com.
In any given Niagara system, the Niagara Supervisor must be running the highest version of any Niagara instance in the architecture. When connecting to JACEs that are running older versions of Niagara, these compatibility guidelines apply:
- Niagara AX: Niagara 4 Supervisors can connect to JACEs running Niagara AX versions 3.6u4, 3.7u1, 3.8R and higher.
- R2: Niagara AX and Niagara 4 Supervisors can connect to JACEs running R2 through the oBIX XML interface only. oBIX is included in all Niagara AX and Niagara 4 Supervisors as a means of integrating Niagara-based Release 2 (R2) JACEs. With Niagara Release 2.3.522 or higher, the oBIX driver can be added to expose all data points, schedules, trends and alarms to a Niagara AX or Niagara 4 system. This oBIX driver is both a client and a server.
PLATFORM REQUIREMENTS FOR NIAGARA 4
Niagara 4 Supervisors may run acceptably on lower-rated platforms, or may even require more powerful platforms, depending on the application, number of data points integrated, data poll rate, number of concurrent users, performance expectations, etc.
- Processor: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2640 x64 (or better), compatible with dual- and quad-core processors
- Operating System: Windows 10, 64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise, 2012 R2 Standard, RHEL-7
- Memory: 1 GB minimum, 4 GB or more recommended for larger systems
- Hard Drive: 4 GB minimum, more recommended depending on archiving requirements
- Display: Video card and monitor capable of displaying 1024 x 768 pixel resolution or greater
- Network Support: Ethernet adapter (10/100 Mb with RJ-45 connector)
- Connectivity: Full-time high-speed ISP connection recommended for remote site access (i.e., T1, ADSL, cable modem) and IPv6 compliant
Platform requirements for older versions of Niagara Supervisors are included in the Release Notes for each particular version.
Niagara 4 Open IoT Platform