- Manufacturer Part Number: SA1-02003XS
- Cooler Type: Air Cooler
- Application/Usage: IT
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Compatible Rack Height: 2U
- Color: Black Powder Coat
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
Network switches, load balancers, and routers typically sit at the top and back portion of the rack. This placement makes it difficult for cold air to travel from the front of the rack to the air intakes of the network switch equipment, increasing chances of failure over time. SwitchAir helps prevent failure by channeling cool air from the front of the rack to the air intakes regardless of where the equipment is mounted.
- Reduces the chance of network switches overheating by directing cool air to device intakes.
- Reduces the likelihood of premature equipment failure due to high intake temperatures.
- Improves equipment efficiency by providing network equipment with the same cold aisle temperature as other devices in the rack.
- Decreases wrap around hot airflow from the hot aisle to the cold aisle due to missing blanking panels.