- Manufacturer Part Number: T580-LP-CR
- Host Interface: PCI Express x8
- Expansion Slot Type: QSFP+
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Network Technology: 40GBase-SR4
- Form Factor: Plug-in Card
- Height: 2.7″
- Width: 6.6″
Chelsio’s T580-LP-CR is a dual port 40 Gigabit Ethernet Unified Wire adapter with PCI Express 3 host bus interface, optimized for cloud computing, HPC, virtualization, storage, and other data center applications.
The fifth-generation (T5) technology from Chelsio provides the highest 40GbE performance in the industry and dramatically lowers host-system CPU communications overhead with on-board hardware that offloads TCP/IP, iSCSI, FCoE and iWARP RDMA processing from the host system and frees up host CPU cycles for other applications. As a result, the system benefits from higher bandwidth, lower latency, and reduced power consumption.