- Manufacturer Part Number: DS220J
- Number of Hard Drives Supported: 2
- Number of Hard Drives Installed: 0
- Total Hard Drive Capacity Supported: 32 TB
- Number of Solid State Drive Supported: 2
- Number of Solid State Drive Installed: 0
- Total Solid State Drive Capacity Supported: 32 TB
- Processor Manufacturer: Realtek
- Processor Model: RTD1296
- Processor Core: Quad-core (4 Core)
- Processor Speed: 1.40 GHz
- Standard Memory: 512 MB
- Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Number of Total Expansion Bays: 2
- Number of 2.5″/3.5″ Bays: 2
- Controller Type: Serial ATA
- RAID Supported: Yes
- RAID Levels: 0, 1, Basic, Hybrid RAID, JBOD
- Total Number of USB Ports: 2
- Number of USB 3.0 Ports: 2
- Network (RJ-45): Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 1
- Operating System: DiskStation Manager
- SMB 1.0
- SMB 3.0
- SMB 2.0
- Maximum Power Supply Wattage: 60 W
- Height: 6.5″
- Width: 3.9″
- Depth: 8.9″
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Weight (Approximate): 1.94 lb
An easy-to-use private cloud for everyone
DS220j is an entry-level 2-bay NAS designed for home and personal users to store and share photos, videos, and documents. The private cloud solution is powered by the award-winning DiskStation Manager (DSM) OS, providing an intuitive user interface and safe data protection approaches for easy digital asset backups from computers and mobile devices at no additional cost.
Centralized backup solution for your digital devices
Synology’s comprehensive multi-version backup solutions protect your digital assets on computers (Windows/Mac) and mobile phones (Android/iOS) against malicious attacks, including the rising threat from encryption-based ransomware.
Stream content to your TV
Turn your Synology NAS into a home media hub and stream your digital content to your favorite electronic devices, including computers, mobile devices, Samsung TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and DLNA devices.
Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) technology
Storage management is easy with Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) technology. SHR is an automated RAID management system that allows you to easily create and expand storage volumes and migrate RAID types without requiring details on the RAID setup. SHR provides 1-disk redundancy to safeguard your data in case of drive failures.
SHR maximizes the data capacity of your RAID when different size HDDs are used.
For new users with limited technical knowledge who want to protect their data using RAID technology, a convenient installation wizard will guide you through all the steps during your first installation.
Add new disks on the fly in Storage Manager with a simple click.
While creating a volume, choose to plan ahead and leave empty or unallocated space for future use.
Seamless integration with your mobile devices
Synology mobile applications are designed to give you quick and secure access to your data wherever you are.