- Manufacturer Part Number: RS822+
- Number of Hard Drives Supported: 4
- Number of Hard Drives Installed: 0
- Number of Solid State Drive Supported: 4
- Number of Solid State Drive Installed: 0
- Number of Processors Installed: 1
- Processor Manufacturer: AMD
- Processor Type: Ryzen
- Processor Model: V1500B
- Processor Core: Quad-core (4 Core)
- Processor Speed: 2.20 GHz
- Standard Memory: 2 GB
- Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Bays: 4
- Number of 2.5″/3.5″ Bays: 4
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 1
- Expansion Slot Type: PCI Express
- Controller Type: Serial ATA
- RAID Supported: Yes
- RAID Levels: 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, Basic, Hybrid RAID, JBOD
- Drive Interface: Serial ATA
- Total Number of USB Ports: 2
- Number of USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports: 2
- Network (RJ-45): Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 4
- Operating System: DiskStation Manager
- SMB 1.0
- SMB 3.0
- SMB 2.0
- Maximum Power Supply Wattage: 150 W
- Height: 1.7″
- Width: 18.9″
- Depth: 19.4″
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Rack Height: 1U
- Weight (Approximate): 14.11 lb
Reliable data management for remote and branch offices
An all-in-one edge storage solution
The compact 1U 4-bay Synology RackStation RS822+/RS822RP+ with its storage and connectivity expandability coupled with the powerful Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system is an ideal edge storage solution for branch offices and small and medium-sized businesses.
2103/1074 MB/s sequential read/write throughput
Scale up to 8 drives with Synology Expansion Unit RX418
Built-in 4 x 1GbE ports with 10/25 GbE expansion option
Up to 32 GB DDR4 ECC
Built for reliability
RS822+/RS822RP+ comes with four Gigabit RJ-45 ports which can be bonded with Link Aggregation to enable automatic network failover and load balancing.
Two RS822+/RS822RP+ units can be paired using Synology High Availability to form a reliable active/passive server cluster, maximizing service uptime.
Furthermore, the RS822RP+ features a redundant power supply for an extra edge in service continuity.
Room for expansion
Easily adjust the RS822+/RS822RP+ to match your usage environment, whether it needs performance, faster networking, or higher storage capacity.
Expand to 8 drive bays with one RX418 expansion unit.
Boost read/write IOPS over HDD-only arrays by 16 times or more with NVMe or SATA SSD Cache.
Improve I/O with faster SFP+/SFP28 or RJ-45 networking.
All-in-one data management platform
The RS822+/RS822RP+ is designed to support small deployments in tackling common applications such as file management, data backup, and surveillance.
Edge storage for distributed teams
Provide secure and convenient multi-platform file access, sharing, and synchronization across different locations.
Private file cloud | Enable effective collaboration with Synology Drive
Synology Drive provides remote data access, synchronization, on-demand file restoration, and backup via handy desktop and mobile applications.
Access personal and shared data from mobile app, desktop client, web browser, or another Synology system: Any changes you make are automatically synced to other devices as soon as they are connected.
Collaborate in real time
Integrate with Synology Office to enable concurrent editing on documents, spreadsheets, and slides, with support for conversion to and from Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OpenDocument files.
Multi-endpoint data protection
Design an effective backup strategy to maximize system availability with a host of native and license-free solutions.
Consolidated backup server | Endpoint, VM, and NAS/SAN protection
Securely back up Windows and Linux endpoints, Synology servers, and VMware® and Hyper-V® virtual machines with Active Backup for Business.
Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
Centralize backups of Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace data to protect it from accidents and simplify compliance with data retention policies. Schedulable backups, flexible file versioning, and block-level deduplication ensure flexibility and savings in terms of storage and bandwidth consumption.