- Manufacturer Part Number: 8782-RDX
- Number of Total Expansion Bays: 1
- Wireless LAN: No
- Host Interface: USB 3.0
- Color: Black
- Form Factor: External
- Height: 2″
- Width: 4.3″
- Depth: 7″
- Weight (Approximate): 1.36 lb
Removable Disk System
The RDX QuikStor media-based removable storage system offers rugged, reliable and convenient storage for backup, archive, data interchange and disaster recovery. It provides enterprise performance and fast access, with transfer rates of up to 936 GB/hr and capacities up to 2 TB per cartridge.
- Vast capacities: 320 GB, 500 GB, 1 TB, 1.5 TB or 2 TB of hard disk capacity or 128 GB, 256 GB or 512 GB of solid-state disk capacity on one piece of media.
- Fast access: Blistering disk-based speed and access provides up to 46 MB/s with SATA or 260 MB/s with SuperSpeed USB3.0
- Shock-proof design: Ruggedized media
- Convenient & Secure: Expand capacity and span backups across media. Media rotation and off-site copies for archiving and peace of mind
- Mobile: The external USB3+ version can be used as a mobile storage device
- Windows-Backup support
- Interface: SATA or USB3.0 high speed
- Greater than a 10-year archive life
- Cost-effective solution that suits all sectors from SOHO to departmental users
- Full backward and forward compatibility
- 3-year warranty: Advanced Replacement Service
- Encryption capable
RDX QuikStor combines the portability and reliability of tape-based backup with the speed and simplicity of a hard disk drive. Compact internal or external RDX drives accept pocket-sized RDX media. Your computer will recognize each cartridge and provide instant access and easy drag-and-drop control.
Write and read access is near-instant allowing users to work directly with the data on the media like one would with any other hard disk drive. With RDX capacities ranging from 320 GB, 500 GB, 1 TB, 1.5 TB to 2 TB and RDX SSD media capacities ranging from 128 GB, 256 GB to 512 GB, users have enough capacity to support a wide range of storage requirements, ensuring their data is fully protected.
RDX drives are tough, and media is shockproof and rugged enough to last more than 10 years. Knocks and drops don’t mean lost data. Plus valuable data can be further protected through Tandberg Data’s RCE encryption software, ensuring complete peace of mind.
The RDX media is small and durable, so slip easily into a pocket for easy transport. They can be carried to another site for use by another computer or moved off-site for archiving.
The external RDX USB3+ drive only needs a USB3.0 connection to work. It is as easy to use as an external USB disk drive but much more robust and reliable. This enables RDX for outdoor usage like scientific data collection, in the media and entertainment environment, mobile workforce or just for easy data distribution across locations.
Capacity Expansion and Media Rotation
Media Spanning to multiple RDX media allows backups to grow and to expand capacity beyond a single RDX media. All that is needed: Multiple RDX media and supporting backup software. For best practice, multiple media should be used for backup and stored off-site for disaster recovery purposes. A minimum rotation of 3 media is recommended: 1st in drive for next backup, 2nd in transit and 3rd off-site for disaster recovery.
There are no reviews yet.